Sports in Dubai
Dubai is the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is a highly developed country, and it is known for its luxury hotels and extravagant shopping malls. Although Dubai is famous for being a tourist destination, it is also a city with a lot of sports. The first football stadium in the Middle East was built in Dubai. That stadium is known as Sheikh Khalifa Stadium. It is a world-famous stadium because of the matches it hosts.
What are the popular sports in Dubai?
Dubai is an exciting place for sports enthusiasts to visit. The city is home to many different sports clubs such as the popular ones like:
The city has developed into the sports capital of the Middle East, hosting numerous international sporting tournaments each year. With its advanced infrastructure, advanced medical systems and advanced monitoring and support, and its advanced and futuristic facilities, sports and recreation in Dubai is a high-tech and high-performance affair.
Are there any unique sports in Dubai?
There are a lot of sports in Dubai, some very popular and some that are less known. Well, let’s explore the lesser-known. Here are the following sports in Dubai that may seem weird to you but not here in Dubai:
- Cricket – is the only sport in Dubai that is played at all four temperatures of the year. Yet, it is often forgotten internationally, perhaps because the game is less popular in the West than it is in the Mideast.
- Horse racing – is a unique sport in Dubai. The Dubai World Cup is a significant event in the horse racing calendar, but the Arabian horse has a long history in the Arabian Peninsula. In Arabian countries, the Arabian horse has been a symbol of wealth, power, and prestige for centuries and is still a symbol of nobility in Saudi Arabia.
- Camel racing is a unique sport in Dubai. It is also one of the most exotic sports in the whole of the world. This sport has been around for centuries. This unique sport dates back to the time of the Prophet Mohammed, who has found camels to be fast, agile, and agile creatures that can catch up with the most fleet of horses.
- Falconry – This is the only sport that involves the use of a bird of prey. It’s something that is different, interesting, and one that is only practiced in Dubai.
- Roller Derby – This derby sport is much more than a sport but an art form. Roller Derby is a complete sport that involves athleticism, speed, determination, skills, endurance, and strategy. It’s a new sport that has been growing very fast in Dubai, and of course, it is unique to Dubai.
- Ultimate frisbee – is a fast-paced, high-intensity team sport. It is played on a flying disc, similar to a Frisbee. The rules vary a lot from league to league and often from week to week, but the main rules are that there are no boundaries between the two teams. It is a non-contact sport, played at a fast pace with no substitutions.
Other unique sports here in Dubai are Parkour, Lacrosse, Platform diving, and Dragon boating. Aside from witnessing these sports in action, you can also check and visit other attractions or even shop at one of the malls in Dubai.
Looking for a flight? try Skyscanner
Looking for insurance? Try SafetyWing
Looking for 5 star hotels? try 5StarsDubai